Give priority to
- Soft and comfortable materials against durability.
- Babies grow fast and will outgrow their clothing quickly hence durability will not be an issue.
- Clothes for both hot and cold weather/environment.
Type of clothing
- Onesies: Little one piece jumpsuit without legs and buttons at the crotch – for daytime (hot weather).
- Sleepsuits: Easy-to-use popper with legs and buttons at the crotch – for nighttime (cold weather).
- Both types give easy access when changing your baby's diaper. Minimal disturbance when your baby is sleeping.
Materials to choose
- Good moisture absorbency.
- Body heat retention.
- Good ventilation.
Things to avoid
- Tight seams (constrict baby’s skin and will leave marking).
- Laces (may cause irritation to skin).
- Buttons on skin area (may cause injury and irritation).
Tips when dressing your baby
- Find a flat surface and try to avoid high places.
- NEVER leave your baby unattended.
- Stretch the clothes NOT the baby! (Example: Pull baby's hand through sleeves instead of pushing baby's hand which could lead to injury.)
- Do not overdress. It can cause over-heating or irritation to baby.
- Sing, talk, giggle and turn dressing into a fun time with your baby to foster bonding.
- ALWAYS place the diaper on first to avoid urine, stool or stains to transfer on to clothes.
- Avoid detergents that can cause irritation to baby's skin when washing baby's clothes.
Source : MamyPoko